Good quotes = good vibes = good year!
Don't believe me? Just watch! In the spirit of new beginnings, I've rounded up some awesome inspirational quotes from celeb women to inspire you in the new year. Whether you're searching for the perfect Instagram quote or simply a little dose of positivity and wisdom before a big job interview, let these 18 quotes power you through 2018.
1. “Every day when you walk out the door and put on your imaginary cape, go out there and conquer the world, because the world would not be as beautiful as it is if we weren't in it.” — Lena Waithe
2. "The Brave You gives you the courage to hold your own agency, your own choice, your own desire, your own longings, your own fear, your own grief, your own future. She’s just one aspect of your soul that helps you become your fully embodied and completely integrated real, true self. She's in you right now, in your journal, in the back of your mind, in your Netflix queue, waiting for your invitation." — Tracee Ellis Ross
3. "Friends, guys, jobs all come and go. You are stuck with yourself—better to learn to love who and what you are."— Gabrielle Union
4. "I'm looking forward to the day that I greet fear wholeheartedly, nose to nose, and tell it you have met your goddamn match." — Solange Knowles
5. "I found that every time I asked permission the answer tended to be no, so I had to make my own yeses." — Issa Rae
6. “If you wanna be your own boss, you gotta work your way up — have the skills.” — Courtney A. Kemp
7. “If you listen to people and you allow people to project their fears onto you, you won’t live." — Taraji P. Henson
8. “Happiness comes from living as you need to, as you want to. As your inner voice tells you to. Happiness comes from being who you actually are instead of who you think you are supposed to be.” ― Shonda Rhimes
9, "[I learned] to never again — never again, ever — put all of your hopes, expectations, eggs in the basket of box office. Do the work as an offering, and then whatever happens, happens." — Oprah
10. "Run away from a man who can’t handle your ambition. Run." — Reese Witherspoon
11. "When I am myself, most authentically myself. free of self hatred, free of self-judgment, then I am also my most revolutionary." — Amandla Stenberg
12. "Every moment is an opportunity to learn something and grow." — Laverne Cox
13. My life changed when I focused on what i was good at, what i liked most about myself & what made me stand out." — Issa Rae
14. “You have to break the rules, bet on yourself and not adhere to the status quo in order to make a mark.”
— Tracy Oliver
15. "Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched." — Mindy Kaling
16. "I always encourage people to ask for what you want. When you’re told no, you should ask for feedback so you can get better." — Naomi Campbell
17. "I am going to own my experiences. I'm going to pay attention to the reality of my life and the audacity of my dreams instead of the expectation I was raised with. I'm going to make space for the good and the bad of it, even the yucky scary fear-inducing parts, and embrace all the bits and all the questions." — Tracee Ellis Ross
18. "All women are strong ... I think that we should all know that we have that strength, and we should all lead with that strength every day." — Diane Von Furstenburg
What are some of your favorite quotes? Share in the comments!